Re: Update /usr/pkgsrc

from nottobay <nottobay13%gmail.com@localhost>:

> I was trying to build wine earlier and it seems my /usr/pkgsrc is from a
> prior install of NetBSD 8 and I'm on 9. Is there anyway to fix that without
> reinstalling?

pkgsrc tree is the same for any version of NetBSD or other OS capable of using pkgsrc.

To update,

cvs up -dP -A

I don't know if "-A" at the end is necessary; this is for pkgsrc-current.

I have never used pkgsrc quarterly.

This should work until NetBSD and pkgsrc switch from cvs to hg (mercurial) or whatever else.

Tom