Re: Postfix and local mail delivery - still relevant in 2020?

On 2020-06-07 13:53, Mayuresh wrote:
On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 01:43:34PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Basically, anything written in C++ is almost a lost cause even before
starting.

Curious what you meant. Lost cause in what sense?

In the sense of being fast.

Assume you meant in comparison with C, which is arguably the best choice
for performance. But when the code complexity grows and when OO approach
can make code more maintainable I think C++ is still the best choice
available for performance.

Well, possibly in comparison with C, but not strictly so. But yes, I would agree that Python (for example) would be even worse. :-)

OO does not necessarily mean the code is more maintainable. There is no automatic association between any paradigm and any attribute like this. There is code that is easy to maintain in any language, and there is code that is horrible to maintain in any language. It's much more a reflection on the design and implementation than the paradigm or tool used.

In either case performance is a function of design first then the
platforms...

I would agree that design is always a primary issue.

  Johnny