Re: Postfix and local mail delivery - still relevant in 2020?

On 06/06/2020 16:54, Sad Clouds wrote:
I've been wondering - why have Postfix in the base system and why have
it enabled by default?

Its an invalid assumption to assume those reports are delivered locally perhaps? Postfix is also needed for sending mail.

I have multiple BSD machines so I have all my systems delivering their daily/weekly report message to one server. You also need postfix to send mail as well as receive it. Also I suspect send-pr might not work without it or some other MTA and we want people to be able to report bugs.

Mike