Re: NetBSD install experiences

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:

> On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 06:04:48AM +0000, Jan Icetrov wrote:
>> Autoconfigure is also strange with wired connections. It doesn't let you
>> choose hostname or disable ipv6, which in turn makes pkgin install
>> impossible if you have ipv6 on your LAN but ipv4 only uplink.
>
> That sounds more like a bug in pkgin to me. How does it fail? Can you
> file a PR?

Agreed this sounds like a bug, or at least failure to cope gracefully
with a strange situation.

@janicetr: In the bug report, be very clear about what "have ipv6 on
your LAN" means.  I think it's irregular to have global IPv6 addresses
configured and in particular RAs if connectivity does not work.

However, there is enough broken routing in the internet that all
programs need to either 1) try each address in sequence, moving on the
next on fialure or 2) do full-blown happy eyeballs.