Re: NetBSD install experiences

I also want to raise one issue about the install.
When we try to configure networking, it lets us choose the interface and when we select wireless interface, asks us to choose autoconfigure, or configure everything manually. In autoconfigure, it doesn't even ask which wireless network I want to connect to, and what's the WPA passphrase. I would expect it to let me select this, and ask me whether to use DHCP or not, and if not DHCP, ask me to manually configure gateway ip address, etc.
If I don't select autoconfigure, I have to specify all the details.

On Wed, May 13, 2020, 12:17 PM Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 08:59:44PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> On the other hand, when you're doing an update, I had to guess whether I
> should select the GPT partition that was my root partition, or the whole
> disk. I guessed the root partition and apparently that was correct :-)

I think both work typically - it extracts /etc/fstab from that partition
and uses the mounts in there.

You also can select "currently running system" now to do an in-place
update (especially when you are on a release branch, to be used with
extreme care when in -current).

Martin