Re: library cleanup after a system upgrade

> What happens to the "old libraries" ? I think they are left in so
> binaries continue to run.
> Just the new ones are symlinked to current.

Some get removed with postinstall obsolete, some don't.  I've never
really figured out what's going on, but occasionally I'll explode
the sets to a temporary directory, and do a find/diff dance to
identify leftover stuff.

..and then it usually turns out that I forgot to recompile any
local programs that still needed them :)