Re: Switching pkgsrc to git repository

Hey Bob,

pkg_info -b will not work the way it used to (since there are no general equivalents of RCS Ids for git), and that is what joerg is working on right now, and why we have the following paragraph in the 2020Q1 announcement

 - USE_PKG_ADMIN_DIGEST enables SHA256 digests for file identification
   rather than the $NetBSD$ CVS identifier.

Best,
Alistair