setting file creation time of a date

Hi,

I have a more programmer question.
Standard POSIX (and thus e.g. linux) handle only the modification date of the file.

NetBSD, FreeBSD, Darwin/Mac (and even windows) keep also track of the creation date.

stat birthtime, birthtimespec, birthtim are the BSD names inside the structure

I can with lstat get it and on copy of a file, set it using by using utime(3) or utimensat(3)

But can I set the creation time? I'd like to be able to preserve it when dealing with files.

Thank you,

Riccardo