Re: NVMM not working, NetBSD 9x amd64

On my HP Elite laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820QM CPU @ 2.70GHz,
id 0x306a9, it works as good as it can get, I use it constantly.

/dev/nvmm is c 345 0, 640, owner root, group nvmm. The user is also a
member of the nvmm group.

I run it on -current, 9.99.59 at the moment.

The latest versions of emulators/qemu do have the support for nvmm, in
my case qemu-4.2.0nb12.

Performance is quite reasonable as well. The disks I use for all
virtual machines are zfs zvolsn networking is bridged. Typical
invocation command:

Z-fw10p() {
/usr/pkg/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
        -device qemu-xhci \
        -device usb-tablet \
        -m 3072M \
        -k en-gb \
        -accel nvmm \
        -vnc :5 \
        -drive format=raw,file=/dev/zvol/rdsk/pail/w10 \
        -vga vmware \
        -net tap,fd=3 3<>/dev/tap0 \
        -net nic
}

but I have some server type systems without graphics, e,g, my Xen
Orchestrator machine:

Z-Cxorch() {
/usr/pkg/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 \
        -serial mon:stdio \
        -nographic \
        -m 4096M \
        -k en-gb \
        -accel nvmm \
        -smp 2 \
        -drive format=raw,file=/dev/zvol/rdsk/pail/zorch \
        -net tap,fd=6 6<>/dev/tap5 \
        -net nic
}

Works just fine.