Re: Booting from a USB disk

Thank you for answering, Greg.

I've booted the installer from a USB key and installed NetBSD 9 on an USB disk known as /dev/sd0 (the key being /dev/sd1).
The machine is an Intel NUC6CAYH with 8 GB RAM and an up-to-date BIOS.

After successfully going the whole installation process (NetBSD installed on a single 235 GB partition + 8 GB swap), I reboot on my USB disk. I select choice 1 (boot multi-user) from the boot menu and the only message I have the time to read is "Heap full". The machine immediately continues with the only other available option, its internal disk with Void Linux.

If I reboot again and select choice 3 (drop to boot prompt) and type: 'boot hd0':, NetBSD boots correctly.

I have tried the UEFI installer, the other installer image, the standard kernel and the KASLR kernel, all give the same result.

I don't know what other details could help you to help me, feel free to ask more precise questions.