Asterisk video conferences using NetBSD?

In the past, I have used Asterisk as a SIP server on NetBSD and found it
to be working fine.

I read Asterisk supports video calls as well. Has anyone tried it for
video calls, particularly conference calls?

Would one need `better' CPUs for that or most of the codec part is done on
the clients? The requirement isn't large scale. Imagine something like
10-15 concurrent users on the same conference call. There aren't expected
to be too many such calls running in parallel.

Also which version of asterisk is advisable? I am on NetBSD-8 (still!).

Mayuresh