Re: logout delay

* Vitaly Shevtsov <shev.vt1984%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Does anybody know why there is about 1 second delay before OS exited
> from the shell? There is no such issue on FreeBSD for example - it
> quits immediately when you type 'exit' or press ^D.
Me too. Although it is not serious, but I'm very curious to know the reason.
Furthermore, in my past experience on Slackware, I noticed that Slackware lagged 1 second on login and NetBSD lagged around 1 second on logout. In this perspective FreeBSD is the fastest. But I still prefer to NetBSD over everything else for the concepts of portability and clean source code.

Thanks,

--
Gua Chung Lim

Life is a pleasant lie and death is a painful truth.