Re: How to set font size of xterm

I kind of like the simplicity of xterm, and it comes with the basic
twm window manager I use. My problem is the small font size, but I
can't seem to figure out how to set the xterm font size.  Any clues?

Clay

Hi Clay,

The first approach I recommend is to start program xfontsel. There select a font you like, and copy its description.
Then try it out like this:
$ xterm -font *-fixed-*-*-*-18-*

You'll see the result in another xterm. Substitute my font description with your choosen one.

If you like it, put it into your resource file (~/.Xresources and/or ~/.Xdefaults):
xterm*font:     *-fixed-*-*-*-18-*

Restart your X session, and check if it works.

Read more: man xterm

Regards:
FeZ