Re: System slowness and graphics-card

On 09/04/2020 14:33, maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
I had the same issue before getting nouveau to work. Had a theory I
never tested that it might be the xf86-video-nv driver causing these
issues. I imagine the best experience you could have is by forcing genfb
somehow and using the x wsfb driver. one way to do it is by selecting
one of the vesa modes in the bootloader, another (I think) is the uefi
bootloader.

I'd be slightly astonished if nv would even recognise a card that new. The nv driver is even older than the NetBSD kernel KMS layer (which doesn't support that card).

Mike