Re: Looking for java an android devs on netbsd environment

On 03/04/2020 15:49, Greg Troxel wrote:
"John m0t" <j0hnb%inbox.lv@localhost> writes:

c. eclipse

eclipse ought to work its a java application although I have no direct experience on NetBSD I've always found its ui so frustrating when I'm forced to use it that I'd never use it voluntarily (which covers all my NetBSD tools).

d.intellij idea

NetBSD has linux emulation, so the above might actually work.  Sort of
on my list to do this eventually, but I don't have anything useful to
say.

e. qt creator

I suspect that works fine.

f. java (oracle java vs OpenJDK)(which version/versions? 1.8? 11?)

openjdk8 runs fine on netbsd-8/amd64 - I have successfully run josm and
mkgmap from openstreetmap, and unifi from Ubiquiti.  openjdk11 builds
and I believe works.

I'm also using openjdk8 successfully on 9.0/amd64 to run jenkins. I didn't have a lot of luck running jenkins on opendjk 11 but that could have been jenkins rather than openjdk11 and I've not had the time to revisit it since.

 Mike