Re: Starting X on NetBSD 9.0

Thanks to all who gave me pointers. I tried a variety of things without success. I have wiped my nice little 954Gb ssd, set it to MBR using Gpart from my FreeBSD drive, and re-installed 9.0 NetBSD to the mbr ssd. It went on real clean, and this time I even setup pkgin to enable installation of binary packages, a step I skipped before.

Oh, this time I accepted the default root shell as sh, not csh which is normally root shell for freebsd. I did this because the netbsd csh does not work as well as netbsd sh.

So now I'm wading into this VERY SLOWLY.

More later, Clay