Re: Virtio, Netbsd 9.0 and Virtualbox

On 2020-03-10 14:28, Pierre Dupond wrote:
Hello,
      I use VirtualBox 6.1 on Windows 10 to run NetBSD 9.0.
I want to use the VirtIO controler provided by VirtualBox 6.1 with a disk
attached to it.

Neither the controler nor the disk are recognised by the GENERIC kernel.
Even if in the config file of the GENERIC Kernel, the following lines
are defined:
# Virtio devices
virtio* at pci? dev ? function ?        # Virtio PCI device
viomb*  at virtio?                      # Virtio memory balloon device
ld*     at virtio?                      # Virtio disk device
vioif*  at virtio?                      # Virtio network device
viornd* at virtio?                      # Virtio entropy device
vioscsi* at virtio?                     # Virtio SCSI device

Do you have an idea on what is missing?

NetBSD 9.0 recognizes virtio controller and drive on qemu with the

-drive file=...,if=virtio,aio=native

settings, so maybe it is a VirtualBox problem?

Best regards:

J.