Re: Unable to boot to install 8.1 and 9.0 RC2 on amd64 Laptop

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> I have ATI. Extra checked when getting this machine: I try to avoid
> nVidia: it works well only with the official binary drivers, so only
> FreeBSD and Linux.

The Pavilion dv2000 I have is just something my brother salvaged when
he worked at a computer repair shop so just luck of the draw as to how
it was equipped.  It was intended to be part of the test rig for PR
kern/52440, but the graphics card is not something the nouveau kernel
driver knows about at all, let alone work with MSI.

> PS: I tried booting the OpenBSD 6.6 and that works fine!!

Hmm.  Might have to try that myself and see how it behaves on this
machine.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD