Unable to boot to install 8.1 and 9.0 RC2 on amd64 Laptop

Hi,

I have an amd64 (genuine AMD) latop HP zv6000 with Athlon64 CPU I want
to install NetBSD on (what else?). I extra got this machine to test
"real" amd64 :-P and no luck. It has  a big "desktop" CPU, not a mobile
version.

First I tried booting straight off the netboot iso of 8.1
It hangs after some kernel messages.

I thus tried disabling ACPI and even ACPI+SMP.
It still hangs and the last message seen is "AMD Cool'n' Quiet"

I thus tried NetBSD 9.0 RC2 and it hangs too. Here I have no options to
disable ACPI and SMP!
Boot ends after a while. after having printed out:
acpicpu0 at cpu0: ACPI CPU
fwochi0: BUS reset
fwohci0: node_id=0xc000ffc0, gen=1, CYCLEMASTER, mode
ieee1394if0: 1 nodes, maxhop <= 0 cable IRM irm(0) (me)
ieee1394if0: bus manager 0

Waiting does not help.

The BIOS does not have many options, I cannot disable e.g. SMP, ACPI or
such. Only WiFi & LAN.
I disabled those... but it does not help-

now.... what else can I try? I wonder also that the disable ACPI option
disappeard, but especially, what the bug we have. Can I try something
else? Some special option?

Just for info: I tried booting a Devuan cd install I had around, and it
booted up to graphical install, detected network hardware (except wifi
which is detected but not enabled since it needs firmware)

Help!

Riccardo