Re: No HDMI output on Lenovo V145, NetBSD 8.0

On 2019-12-09 14:25, Mayuresh wrote:
I have a NetBSD 8.0 installation on a USB stick, working fine on an asus
laptop.

Now I have another lenovo laptop[1] that boots fine using the same stick
but for HDMI not showing any output.

At this point, I would recommend giving netbsd-9 a spin, which is late in its release cycle and, if anything, more stable than -8.

You can download a snapshot from <http://www.netbsd.org/releases/formal-9/NetBSD-9.0.html>. And if you don't want to upgrade your installation right away, you can always just install a kernel (plus kernel modules, these days, unless you go with a MONOLITHIC kernel), and boot that with -8 userland.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344