Re: Hardware encryption Netbsd

On Sat, Sep 07, 2019 at 06:54:21PM +0200, Pierre Dupond wrote:

> A quick look in the documentation has not shown me
> very interesting results. I have just noticed that
> the "opencrypto" man page mentions the hardware acceleration
> and that the "softcrypto" is software only.
>
> I have no idea on how to use/verify the hardware encryption.

The man page crypto(4) may be of some use.  Having said that, it is my
impression that hardware crypto acceleration is a bit passe these days.
I _think_ OpenBSD have dropped support all together probably because the
effort of shuffling the data into/out of the device is slower than a
modern cpu just doing the calculations.

A quick search on the internet doesn't show many devices available, the
only one I saw was rather expensive too.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",