Re: Attaching gdb session to a service launched from rc.d

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:54:56 -0400
Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:

> I think that there are still bugs related to debugging threads and Kamil is working on an overhaul of the whole gdb interface.
> Perhaps it works better if you start the process in gdb?

Thank you for your reply!

I am running on an older RC:

uname -a
NetBSD germ 8.0_RC1 NetBSD 8.0_RC1 (GENERIC) #0: Sat May 12 10:44:25 UTC 2018  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

I also have other problems (namely that CVS thing.)

I am going to reinstall on a fresh drive the real 8.1 and retry.

Another thing is the program itself:

I am possibly doing wrong things with semaphores, events or condition variables.

Thank you!

Germain

--
Germain Le Chapelain