Re: Qemu virtual machine

It won't work. widevine-drm is dependent on the backbone C-lib, it needs GlibC.
I also run Void with musl-libC and Netflix doesn't work. On the other hand, I can set a GlibC based distro on a qemu.kvm virtual machine and everything works then.
The reason Netflix works on Linux is, basically because ChromeOS is based on Gentoo and, well widevine comes from Google.

Yes, normal qemu would do, but everything is so slow...
I can, obviously, try both HAXM and NVMM, but would prefer to set-up only one of these as my SSD is somewhat limited in space

Den lör 16 mars 2019 kl 18:11 skrev Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>:
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 11:48:27AM +0100, Pedro Pinho wrote:
> I'm planning to create a qemu virtual machine on my NetBSD laptop, so I can
> set-up a minimal linux system running Firefox and watch Netflix on NetBSD.
> I'm wondering though, which one is better for this user case, HAXM or NVMM?
> Any thoughts?

I am also interested in widevinecdm based contents on NetBSD. It's a pain
to leave your default OS and reboot to Linux every time to watch a video.

Haven't tried qemu of late. But it used to be too slow for this purpose.

Linux emulation layer can be an alternative. Flash plugin, adobe reader,
libreoffice-bin etc have been working pretty fine on NetBSD through Linux
emulation. Not sure what it would take to make firefox-bin available on
NetBSD.

Xen is yet another alternative. But some limitations like NetBSD Dom0 can
use only 1 cpu make it less attractive for this purpose. You'd rather want
a Linux DomU to use 1 cpu and let NetBSD Dom0 use the rest.

Looking forward to a wider discussion on this.

Mayuresh