Re: Automatically frozen Laptop

Hello Stephen,

I am testing if 'hal' might be the problem. do you have it installed?

Thanks,
Jay

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:43 PM Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019, Jay Patel wrote:
> Hello Manuel,
>
> Can't ssh into box when machine is frozen. Can it be related to powerd?

Is it connected to the Internet? What firewall do you have?

I'm seeing random complete lockups too, but generally this is related to
being connected to the Internet and actively routing traffic (and probably
being attacked from the outside). In the past, this seemed to be down to
ipf (pass in all/pass out all worked, but anything else locked solid after
a random time). However last week I had a machine running npf which did
the same.