Re: Fun with SSD and GPT wedges

martin%duskware.de@localhost (Martin Husemann) writes:

>IMHO we should have a way to temporarily suspend kernel autoconfiguration
>and let the user do all GPT changes, then turn it on again or explicitly
>create them with "dkctl makewedges" (which maybe implicitly could also
>turn on autodetection again).

You could always do "all GPT changes" without an effect, autoconfiguration
happens only when a device is attached.

The gpt tool learned to run 'dkctl makewedges' automatically after
making changes. For scripts, you can use the -n option to disable
that feature and you can run 'dkctl makewedges' when everything is
complete.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost