Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

Spot on!
Midori is running now. No errors or missing libs when launching it from the terminal.
Accessed a couple of web pages just to try without any issues. That's great, Thx!
/Pedro

P.S.: Will the fix be pushed to the repo? Or are you still looking for a permanent fix?

Den sön 20 jan. 2019 21:25 skrev Leonardo Taccari <leot%netbsd.org@localhost>:
Greg Troxel writes:
> [...]
> Overall, just randomly trying things isn't going to help.  We need to
> find the bug so we can fix it.
>

> How are other people doing with these packages and netbsd-8?
>
> Is it just midori?  Are there other packages that have binaries that try
> to load stdc++.so.8?
> [...]

I think that the root case is the following:
webkit-gtk needs gcc 6.0 or newer and that's required via GCC_REQD
both in in www/webkit-gtk/Makefile and www/webkit-gtk/buildlink3.mk.
This leads to build webkit-gtk and its dependencies (at least
midori!) fine but fails at run time as noticed by Pedro.

I think that libstdc++.so.7 is actually provided by lang/gcc6-libs
and I think that webkit-gtk probably also needs
`USE_GCC_RUNTIME= yes' too (but I'm pretty unfamiliar with that and
I hope that someone can comment on that after we double-check that's
actually the issue!).

Pedro, can you please try to install gcc6-libs package and let us
know if that fixes the problem?

Thanks!