Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

Pedro Pinho <pmppinho%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Back at home!
> I've just erased my disk using gpsrted-live usb and made a fresh install
> from the image here,
> http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-8/201901151910Z/images/
>
> NetBSD 8.0 STABLE arch amd64
>
> Pointed pkgin to
> http://ftp.fr.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0/All/
>
> and pulled my binary packages. Launching midori from xterm outputs
> libstdc++.so.7 is missing. Tried symlinking libsrdc++.so.8 to
> libstdc++.so.7 to no avail. Can't launch midori.

Don't add symlinks like that.  It's just going to make a mess.

Somebody -- perhaps it will be you -- has to understand what is going on.

So:

option 1)

ldd /usr/pkg/lib/lib*.so > /tmp/LDD.lib
ldd /usr/pkg/bin > /tmp/LDD.bin

look in those files and find the entire set of programs and libs that have libstdc++.so.7
From that find the root cause, which is something that directly includes
it, vs including a library that includes it.  ldd makes this not that
easy.

option 2)

on each library and each binary, use objdump -x and look for a line that
says NEEDED and libstdc++.so.7.

Overall, just randomly trying things isn't going to help.  We need to
find the bug so we can fix it.

How are other people doing with these packages and netbsd-8?

Is it just midori?  Are there other packages that have binaries that try
to load stdc++.so.8?