Re: rc.d problem

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 02:45:57PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> > > Is there a locale issu involved?
> > [root@ranir ~]$ sleep 0.05
> > [root@ranir ~]$ export LC_ALL=ru_RU.UTF-8
> > [root@ranir ~]$ sleep 0.05
> > usage: sleep seconds
> >
> > That means it also work wrong in 8.0.
>
> I think we should set LC_NUMERIC=C in rc.subr or something like that.

I beleive command-line should be free of regional settings, so it
should be utilities taking the standard delimiter "." instead of
scripts thinking about that. Otherwise any script can work
unpredictable. Never met (and checked some systems) other behaviour
than taking "." in russian locale.
Also, NetBSD work fine with 'top -s 0.5' and fail with 0,5, 'bc -l'
take "." only either.

--
Sincerely yours,
Dima Veselov