Re: libstdc++.so.7 is missing

Hi all,
A bit short of time today, but...
I'll try to post the output from ldd later today. It was rather long, so maybe a link to pastebin or similar is better.
I think both of you (Dave, Robert and Martin) are probably right about how the binary was built.
I could use another browser, but I want to use midori to test, it was me that issued the request on pkgsrc-WIP and it would be nice to give the guys overthere some feedback.

When I have time, I'll remove midori from pkgin and autoremove the pulled dependencies. Then I'll try building it locally using pkgsrc stable to see if that works.
Thanks guys.

Den sön 20 jan. 2019 09:16 skrev Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:
On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 06:45:16PM -0500, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
> Though I don't think this is the most likely answer here, another
> possibility is that the problem packages have been built on a machine
> running an 8.0_BETA release from prior to Oct. 12, 2017. Because prior
> to that, libstdc++.so.7 existed, and then it was replaced with .8.[1]

That is not a very unlikely answer and probably even the correct one.
This is a problem with the binary pkgs for sure and might be overlooked
by the relevant people here.

Martin