choosing a lightweight database

Any recommendations on a lightweight database (no extra server process)
to use with dynamic website?

It is not a lot of data. Currently stored in ~1000 flat files (all
stored in git) and could easily be converted to JSON or XML for readable
text store. Each file ranges between 7 and 184 unique (per file) values.
When done maybe I will have around 10,000 keys and 500,000 attributes
like:

1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park flush-toilet=yes
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park drinking-water=yes
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park drive-up-camping=yes
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park showers=yes
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park hiking=yes
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park hiking-notes="Lakeside Loop is a 40 minute hike."
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park state="British Columbia"
1342-rolley-lake-provincial-park country=ca

1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park flush-toilet=no
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park drinking-water=no
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park drive-up-camping=no
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park showers=no
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park firepit=no
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park firepit-notes="Ground fires are prohibited; use backpacking stove."
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park country=usa
1-cedar-ridge-scenic-overlook-dinosaur-valley-state-park state=tx

Around 200 attributes, but not all for each.

Also I have key/values like
 FOO-notes="for supplementing text for FOO"
And description and direction fields with sentences.

The values may be free form text, numbers, boolean yes/no (some values
are links to other files).

I generate static webpages easily from this (and can dynamically
generate webpages easily).

Storing this in Berkeley DB would be easy.

But I want an easy way to search everything like:

country=ca
province=alberta
elevation>=1524 meters
cost<=5

or keyword searches against description fields.

Any thoughts on lightweight no database server ideas? I may just use
sqlite. Minimal dependencies would be great.

Thanks