Nvidia blank screen on boot

All,

I installed NetBSD 8.0 on my Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz (3000.10-MHz K8-class CPU). I have GeForce GTX 650 NVIDIA card. I followed the instructions for GPT/UEFI install (https://wiki.netbsd.org/Installation_on_UEFI_systems/), which went smoothly. Kudos to whoever wrote that. When booting everything seems to be fine until the display driver is initialized. Part way through, after many drm messages, the bottom half of the screen looks like it loses its horizontal sync, then a blank screen. I let it sit for a couple of hours, but to no avail. I tried to ssh into my computer, but got a connection refused message.

I drop to the loader prompt and issue the following:

boot -c

userconf> disable nouvea

userconf> quit

It boots all the way through, but has errors. One is no ssh access. Bummer.

I also tried to boot from NetBSD-8.99.30-amd64-uefi-install.img, but that freezes at what is listed below, then goes to a blank screen.

Pci1 at ppb0 bus 1

nouveau0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0: vendor 10de product 0fc6

nouveau0: info: NVIDIA GK107 (0e7060a2)

nouveau0: info: bios: version 80.07.35.00.0b

nouveau0: info: fb: 1024 MiB GDDR5

Any suggestions? Pointers? Direction?

I had GhostBSD (TrueOS based) installed, so the dmesg is from FreeBSD (https://pastebin.com/ZBG7H3i9). I can paste the dmesg into an email if that is easier.

Ron Georgia

90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don’t know any better.”