Re: Mailing list manager on NetBSD

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 09:34:16PM -0600, edgar%pettijohn-web.com@localhost wrote:
> man aliases
>
> list-name:include:/path/to/file/with/aliases
>
> look into allow_mail_to_commands and allow_mail_to_files for postfix
> so that you can also pipe it to a script that saves it in some db.

For a nearly static mailing list using postfix aliases is looking quite
economical, presumably it would have the smallest footprint as MTA itself
is doing the core job.

For my second requirement of web archive I was looking for a good
efficient (preferably C based) archiver preferably a separate component
rather than a part of some mlm. These seem surprisingly few in number. I
came across blists[1]. Integratable via procmail (or equivalent) as well
as can be run as a cron job.

It uses cgi to generate pages on the fly. It might make it conservative on
space. But I think cgi would add to security hassles. I'd have preferred
static htmls instead.

Sample archives are here[2]. I am not particularly liking lack of threaded
view (though thread links are present once you click on an item).

But anyway, not finding too many alternatives that are efficient.

Would appreciate comments and suggestions on postfix-blists combination
for my requirements (i.e. mailing list with archives for a closed group of
around 300, with web browsable archives and small resource footprint).

I am considering adding blists it to pkgsrc-wip, after knowing the
comments from the list.

Mayuresh

[1] https://github.com/aabc/blists
[2] https://lists.openwall.net/linux-kernel/