Re: Mailing list manager on NetBSD

Mayuresh wrote in <20190109131516.GA25962@localhost>:
 |On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 12:03:46PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
 |> But I gradually ran more public lists for non techs, including some
 |> self admitted completely clueless & some other immeasurably lazy
 |> users, many of whom cant think or refuse to think, love to argue,
 |> & freak at command line etc, so the support load on unpaid volunteer
 |> admin time became intolerable, & I was depserate for a list manager
 |> with graphical clickey support to seperate myself from user support.
 |> (Though mailman can be CLI driven too I recall)
 |
 |Thanks for a comprehensive reply. I am currently tending towards mlmmj due
 |to the claims of smaller footprint as I'll be using a VPS to host this.

It cannot do MIME out of the box, and it also had some problems
when i used it.  (There should be posts on their ML on that,
a couple of years back.)  If your users use MIME you have to hook
in scripts, and then it becomes more expensive...  Having said
that, AlpineLinux seems to use it for their MLs, and it seems to
work.  But there all people use 7-bit clean text mails only.

--steffen