Re: Recommended desktop environment?

On Sat 08 Sep 2018 at 07:25:17 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I like substance as opposed to hot air, hence would stay away from something like Enlightenment (seemed poorly documented, at least in the time of NetBSD 7.99.1.

Try ctwm. An older version is already installed with NetBSD. In (very
very very) short, it is twm + workspaces + lots of other stuff.
I like the "tabbed" window titles (config option SqueezeTitle) and
dragging them along the top of the window (with Alt + mouse button 1) so
you can put several windows on top of each other and still easily access
them. Idea is originally from BeOS :)

I just sent a pr to update the version in pkgsrc to 4.0.2 (the latest)
from 4.0.1.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.