NetBSD disk I/O

Hello,

    I read with interest the thread about Sad Clouds' disk
performance issues.  What I'm seeing is probably not related
aside from being disk I/O and that we both use crude speed
tests based on dd.

    There is literally a pile of 2.5" SATA disks on my desk
where I see very slow *write* performance.  The example I
just tested wrote at about 5 MBytes/sec and read at 90 MB/S.
I have been working on the assumption that this was caused
by some incompatibility between some HGST drives and the
D945 chipset.

    In light of information from that other thread, I will
try to set things up to re-run the same kind of test using
a different operating system.  I will report my results
here.  Has anyone else seen this, perhaps on Atom boards or
with HGST drives on other systems?

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball