Re: Some questions about NetBSD

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 10:15:10AM -0400, alec wrote:
> Q3: What happens if a security vulnerability is found in the base
> system? Do I really have to fetch things from CVS and recompile them? Or
> is there some way to get updates?

You can unpack new sets on top of old sets. There's daily builds on:
https://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily

You can cd /; tar xzpf /path/to/set.tgz

It will leave a small amount of things behind, postinstall can collect
them, as long as you keep upgrading.
It isn't safe to run postinstall on a downgrade.

For RPI, your kernel is on another partition and not /netbsd, so it's a
bit more involved, but I think you can mount it with mount -t msdos and
replace it.