Re: curses(3) handling of UTF-8 in various programs

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 03:51:24PM -0500, Cg wrote:

> I don't understand whether it's a curses(3) thing or a program bug, but
> linking against ncursesw makes noice display the name correctly.

More than likely an application bug but one that is hidden by the
behaviour of ncursss.  It is hard to say without looking at the code but
it could be something in the terminal initialisation or environment that
is changing what is on the screen... The complicating factor in some
situations is the differences in the interpretation done by the terminal
doing the display (though, in this case I don't think this applies).

--
Brett Lymn
Let go, or be dragged - Zen proverb.