Re: High latency for IPv6 on netbsd-8

* Gua Chung Lim (gua.chunglim%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
> > Oh, how many other hosts are on this LAN?   (Regardless of
> > whether they support v6 or not.)   One possibility for the issue
> > might be if the router thinks the LAN link is down when your
> > host is down, and drops the announcement of the route from
> > its upstream (closer to the centre of the net).   Then it could
> > take some time for that to be reannounced after the link
> > comes back up (when your host boots).
> IMHO, it is unlikely. I have 8 machines on this LAN. All of them, except this netbsd host, work with IPv6 pretty fine and without any efforts.
I would mention again that it happens with only netbsd-8.
I have been using netbsd for years.
I have never encountered this issue.
netbsd-5, 6 and 7 simply work.

--
Gua Chung Lim

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system,
but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity."
-- Dennis M. Ritchie