Re: FQDNs for netbooted hosts via DHCP?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 06:40:49AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> My guess, without reading specs, is that the right thing to do is to
> change the in-kernel dhcp client to construct fqdn and use it.

The in-kernel dhcp client is minimalistic and only extracts enough
data to mount /, and it should not deal with administrative decisions.

In userland, dhcpcd hooks should set the full name by default, if I read
/libexec/dhcpcd-hooks/30-hostname correctly, not sure what goes wrong here
for John.

Martin