Re: NetBSD on Linode kvm problems

On 09-Feb-2018 16:57:59, Michael Parson wrote:

Ran this a couple of minutes ago:

$ sudo sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=clockinterrupt
kern.timecounter.hardware: hpet0 -> clockinterrupt

And my clock is already 4 minutes off :-/

[From searching][1]: might be worth making the change in /etc/sysctl.conf and rebooting so the change is picked up early on.

Right now my clock is in sync and has been for two and a bit days, but next time it drifts (slows) - which I'm expecting it to do soon - I'm going to try that ^ and iterate through the different options to see if one works.

[1]: https://gnats.netbsd.org/45626