Re: NetBSD on Linode kvm problems (Michael Parson) writes:

>I then noticed that my clock was way off.  After about a week of
>running, the clock was 4 days(!) behind, even with ntpd running.

ntpd won't correct a clock that appears to drift too fast.

Can you check what timecounter is used and switch to a different one?

  sysctl kern.timecounter.choice

reports the available timers and

  sysctl -w kern.timecounter.hardware=clockinterrupt

configures a possibly sane default for virtual machines.

                                Michael van Elst