Re: NetBSD-8 and graphics cards

On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:50:33 +0000
Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I just tested my Dell T1600 tower with Quadro 600 graphics under both
> 7.99.59 and 8.99.6 (from the 7th of November). Both work fine with
> dri and whatever 3D acceleration nouveau provides (my usual test is
> glxgears - to keep the same fps no matter the size of the window).
>
> I also have similarly working ThinkPad T61p with Quadro 570M, working
> fine as far as the graphics is concerned.
>
> None of these is new enough, though. I am about to test the live
> system on my HP Envy with both Intel HD 530 and GeForce 950M, and I
> am pretty sure it will not work as before. I will confirm later.

Hi, thanks for the info. I don't have any specific 3D requirements, I
just want to use Xorg + Xfce on NetBSD-8, so anything that does basic
2D graphics will do for me.

I'll check out those Quadro cards on ebay, but does anyone have a feel
for Nvidia vs AMD graphics support on NetBSD? I always thought AMD
support was much better, but I could be wrong. Ideally I'd like to get
something that will just work, but can't find latest "graphics hardware
compatibility" list for NetBSD anywhere.

Cheers.