Re: NetBSD on Amazon EC2

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Eric Haszlakiewicz <hawicz+nb%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I ended up switching to Google's GCE, and while I couldn't find any
> pre-built images, the process defined in
> https://github.com/google/netbsd-gce worked pretty smoothly (though the lack
> of pre-built packages for netbsd-8 is annoying).  Obviously that doesn't
> help if your production systems have AWS dependencies, but otherwise it
> seems like a good option.

Turns out I had a typo in my package path, and there actually *are*
pre-built packages for netbsd-8, so that's not an issue.
A word of warning however: *all* outgoing port 25 connections are
blocked from GCE, so it's not a particularly good fit for an email
server.  If you want to send email from a GCE instance you need to go
through some other mail relay service. :(

Eric