Re: Error trying to create gre tunnel

    Date:        Sat, 12 Aug 2017 10:20:00 -0400
    From:        "D'Arcy Cain" <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | > 2) in the man page example address C is
  | > not mentioned at all in the configuration of "Router A"

  | As I said, I am going by someone else's statement.

That was me (off list) -- and the two of you are talking about different
things, the address that has to be local is 'B', Valery is talking about 'C'
which needs only to be an address that will (somehow, how does not matter)
result in the packet arriving at the remote end (and such that when it
arrives, the dest addr that is then in the packet is one that matches its
GRE config.)

  | Also, DMZ didn't help.  It may be that the Linksys WRT router only
  | handles TCP and UDP protocols.  I may just have to put the NetBSD box as
  | the public gateway.

While the latter could bring a host of other management benefits, if that
is not the planned config, then I'd stull suggest trying GRE over UDP rather
than GRE over IP.   NAT should fix the IP addresses as needed - you just need
to make sure that the NAT doesn't randomly reassign UDP port numbers, or
there will be no way to properly configure things.

kre