Re: Error trying to create gre tunnel

On 08/12/2017 09:08 AM, Valery Ushakov wrote:
I don't think so.  I am pretty sure that I read that the first argument to
tunnel must be an address on the host server.  Not sure where I read that
though as I have been doing a lot of research in the last day or two.  I
couldn't find it in the man page.

Two points here: 1) the example I gave is adapted from the actual
working configuration I use; 2) in the man page example address C is
not mentioned at all in the configuration of "Router A".  How can
router A divine it, as it obviously needs to send the GRE packets to
the address C (remote-outer-ip).

As I said, I am going by someone else's statement. I do know that if I put an address not on a local interface I get the error that started this thread.

Also, DMZ didn't help. It may be that the Linksys WRT router only handles TCP and UDP protocols. I may just have to put the NetBSD box as the public gateway.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost