Re: distcc for pkgsrc issue

Just an update for posterity that I resolved this issue.

Following on from my previous email, I included the architecture flag when building the NetBSD toolchain on Linux (debatable if this alteration was required):

./build.sh -a i386 -m i386 -T /usr/gcc-cross-i386/ tools

I also included the wrong path in my distcc startup script, the correct location was the location of the netbsdelf c compilers and friends (e.g. i486--netbsdelf-gcc).

However, the biggest clue came from this webpage where someone had kindly documented this sort of thing before: https://hackaday.io/post/339. In this post, the author recommends creating small wrapper scripts for each compilation tool (e.g. cc, g++) which look like this:

cc:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/gcc-cross-i386/bin/i486--netbsdelf-gcc "$@"

I also had to remove ccache from my mk.conf, so the compiler line became:

PKGSRC_COMPILER=distcc gcc

Once all these were done, worked fine. Might help someone in future and there is now one less orphaned issue in the world.

Best
John

--
jsh%sdf.org@localhost