Re: distcc for pkgsrc issue

  [distcc woes]

  [try a simple C program?]

Thanks for taking time to reply, Greg.

I also see the same error as before when adding

  USE_CWRAPPERS=no

to mk.conf

But I made a little time to try a simple C program and this has pointed
me in the right direction:

  # export DISTCC_HOSTS='de.bi.an.pc'
  # /usr/pkg/bin/distcc gcc -c test.c -o test.o

...here I get a message on the debian pc that the compile was ok, but
the NetBSD box reports:

  # gcc test.o -o test
  test.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized

However, I noticed the debian machine seems to be generating 64-bit
object files (the NetBSD box is 32-bit)

  # file test.o
  test.o: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

This is also true of the pkgsrc object file where it trips up compiling
ccache:

  # file /usr/pkgsrc/devel/ccache/work/ccache-3.3.4/main.o
  [fileloc]: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

So looks like I need to address that on the Linux end.

Thanks again for the suggestions

John

--
jsh%sdf.org@localhost