Re: wpa_supplicant error on mac

    Date:        Sun, 2 Jul 2017 01:10:43 +0700
    From:        Gua Chung Lim <ptkrisada%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Yes, I have tried that it has no effects. IPv6 is still OK.

OK.

  | I even tried correct ssid but invalid psk, there is no effect.

Once again, ssid is a wireless concept.  There is no wireless in a
virtualbox client, there is nothing you can possibly configure related
to wireless on your NetBSD system.   Do not waste time even trying.

  | NAT doesn't work, host is on IPv6 but guest did have only IPv4.

Yes, that makes sense.

  | I think, it's not yet fixed.

I doubt you could possibly know (but it is not impossible) the problems
relate to vioif interfaces - which you aren't using, and there is no real
need to do so, it would - might - save a little cpu time, particularly
for the virtualbox system - but that is the only difference.   The issues
also only tend to show up (rarely) under fairly high outgoing traffic loads,
and not frequently even then.

  | There is no paravirtualized interface. My VirtualBox only has
  | network options as listed...

That is the wrong place to look - that list is of where your virtual
ethernet is connected (and is the one you have to use.)

Th one where you get to select what kind of interface virtualbox provides
to the guest is seen when you turn on the advanced options, and then
look at the "adaptor type".   But changing this is not going to alter
anything that matters to you right now, and would only confuse things
by altering the way you need to configure your NetBSD system (well, it
changes the NetBSD names of the interfaces, so changes what gets
configured.)

Before we go further, if you turn wpa_supplicant (on NetBSD) off,
(which will certainly make the errors from it go away), what if any
problem remains for you to solve?   What does not work (if anything)
after that.

kre