Re: wpa_supplicant error on mac

* maya%netbsd.org@localhost (maya%netbsd.org@localhost) wrote:
> > % ifconfig wm0
> > wm0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> wm0 is a wired driver (you can see what it is for by 'man 4 wm' - Intel
> ethernet cards).
Thanks for info.

> I suspect NetBSD doesn't support the network card on your laptop, most
> Broadcom wifi cards do not work. but if they do, it is with the 'bwi'
> driver which requires manually downloading the firmware (as it cannot be
> legally redistributed by NetBSD), and instructions are in the bwi man
> page. But that driver is mostly for older cards.
Exactly, that is my question. I'm also not sure if NetBSD supports Mac's NIC.
Probably NO. But NetBSD network is working pretty fine behind VM even with
bridge networking. How is it possible?

--
Gua Chung Lim

If you desire knowledges, learn one thing everyday.
If you desire wisdom, leave one thing everyday.

-- Lao Tzu