Re: wpa_supplicant error on mac

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:37:54PM +0700, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
> % ifconfig wm0
> wm0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

wm0 is a wired driver (you can see what it is for by 'man 4 wm' - Intel
ethernet cards).

I suspect NetBSD doesn't support the network card on your laptop, most
Broadcom wifi cards do not work. but if they do, it is with the 'bwi'
driver which requires manually downloading the firmware (as it cannot be
legally redistributed by NetBSD), and instructions are in the bwi man
page. But that driver is mostly for older cards.

I"ve personally replaced the card in my laptop with another one, and
previously used a slim USB one, due to a similar issue.

Sorry